Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hail Dear Ol' State!

Saturday was MSU's first home football game for the 2008 season, so off we went! It wasn't Averi's 1st college game experience...we took her to a few games last season. We (meaning me...her daddy just said "oh! she'll be fine!) were a little more nervous about taking her this year though, especially since she's alot more mobile & way too active! Also, we didn't know how she'd react to all the loud noise (and yes, I mean cowbells). Sooo, being the faithful State fans that we are, we decided to prepare her. How you might ask? First, we tried to see Bully, but he was no where to be found. So, we ended up getting her face painted! I was little reluctant b/c I didn't know if she'd sit still. Plus, I worried that her skin might be too sensitive & she breakout in hives. But she proved me wrong! I was so proud of her! Oh the little things that makes us mommas proud! haha! And finally, we bought Averi her first cowbell! Yes, that's what I said...as annoying as they can be, we broke down and bought her her very own mini pink with a white paw print cowbell! When I say broke down, I mean it! Do you know how much those things cost?!!? Her mini-bell was $25!! But it was worth it b/c she had so much fun with it. AND--she looked so darn cute ringing her bell and cheering her Dawgs on! She's such a good cheerleader! Needless to say, we had a fun time and hope to have more good times to come!

being a Big Girl!


the finished product--isn't she the cutest?



waiting for kickoff


she made friends with these 2 old men during the halftime show! she's so funny! she wanted to keep sitting with them!! it was her favorite part of the game..she loved the music! plus, the Famous Maroon Band played Michael Jackson's Thriller & put down their instruments to do the dance!



on our way home...she was TIRED! actually fell asleep before we got out of Starkville

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rina...she is THE cutest state cheerleader i've ever seen! I'm so glad that she had fun at the game!! And the beach pictures were so good too! hey, let's grab lunch this week sometime!