Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Averi!!

Wow! I really cannot believe that my daughter is already three years old! Where has the time gone? Where is my tiny baby that I used to hold in one arm? Makes me so sad to think about how quickly she is becoming a little girl. She stumbled her way into our bed this morning around 5 AM, cuddled up next to me, & went right back to sleep like she never missed a wink (of course, I did too!). Allen & I both woke up about 7 AM and she not long after...it was so nice to sing her "Happy Birthday" as soon as she opened her eyes! But I didn't make it through the whole song before I broke out in tears. I was just so overwhelmed with joy that I was chosen to be her mother. I can't thank God enough for entrusting me to raise her. I am truly blessed. I never knew love like this before...it is just simply AMAZING!!

We had a busy day planned, so we all snuggled for just bit longer before getting ready to go to Memphis for the day! We told her the night before, but she had no idea that we were going to the Build-a-Bear Workshop!! We had decided to keep that a secret. She LOVES to see that bear in the window waving it's hand to everyone, so we thought what better way to celebrate her birthday! We got to Wolfchase Galleria early and as we were coming down the escalator, she immediately spotted Santa (aka "HoHo")! She waved at him all the down. So of course we let her sit in his lap, tell him her wish list, & get a photo taken! It was a great way to start off her birthday celebration! As we were walking down the mall, Averi says "I want to see the bear! I want him to wave to me!" Little did she know that that was exactly where we were going! Once there, stopped by the waving bear and snapped some pics & off inside to pick out the perfect UN-stuffed animal! She studied them all, and carefully chose a pink unicorn. She was so excited to help make her fluffy, give her a bath, pick out her Tinkerbell dress, and named her "Tinky"...it was so awesome to see how very excited she was! We shopped a little, ate some lunch, then rode the bunny on the carousel before heading home! By the time we got onto hwy 78, she was asleep! Good thing too because the celebration was far from over! We had another surprise waiting...we had ordered a Tinkerbell birthday cake months ago and had to pick it up as soon as we made it back to Tupelo! It was a great way for her to wake up from her nap! It was the cutest Tink cake ever and even tasted as good as it looked! But before we ate cake, we went home, freshened up and went to dinner at her choice...Outback! They even sang HB to her! Once we got home we cut the cake & opened one last present...a Tinkerbell Pez dispenser and an Ariel singing birthday card! I wish I had her reaction on video when she opened that card. I think she was just as excited about the card as she was with Build A Bear & her cake! She opened & closed that card so many times tonight to hear the song! I think it topped off her day! But I think best of all were all the hugs & kisses she gave us to 'thank' us for her birthday!! She is just precious and we wouldn't trade her for anything!

Happy Birthday to my Averi!! Thank you for bringing so much love & joy into our lives...we are overjoyed that you are "part of our world"! Mommy & Daddy love you very much!!

pictures to be posted later...

1 comment:

Candise said...

Oh my goodness, that is sooooo sweet! how fun! I remember a lady stopping me in the walmart parking lot when I was pregnant with taylor just to tell warn me about the amazing "force" of love that comes with a child. I thought she was a lune, until I had him, then I knew exactly what she and you are talking about. It's hard to imagine that even God could let His Son die for us-sinners....Imagine that Love! Thanks for sharing!