Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Little Flowergirl...

Early this summer, Averi's Uncle Steven asked us to let Averi be the flowergirl in his upcoming wedding. I was very leary at first and actually had to think it over...I know, who wouldn't want their baby girl to be someone's flowergirl? but all I could think about was the fact that's she's only two and a half!! So after much consideration, I decided to go ahead & let her do it because it would probably be the only time she'd ever have that opportunity. We (my mother included) went to Kay's Kreations and David's Bridal, tried on several styles of sweet dresses, and finally ordered one from Kay's. Averi was SUPER EXCITED! We happened to go on a Saturday afternoon, so of course the bridal shops were busy with brides. Averi immediately thought they were all "princesses". She just couldn't get enough of them! She would have watched them all day long! Anyways, it was good experience for her and I'm glad I let her be a princess too! In my opinion, she was the most beautiful flowergirl a bride could ever ask for!
at Kay's for her alteration fitting...she stood very still for the seamstress! when we were in the dressing room, Averi asked "where are the princesses? are they in their bedrooms?"

practicing at home
waiting for her turn at rehearsal
getting a little restless & hungry
with the bride & groom at Anthony's
Ms. Patti fixing Averi's hair before pictures on the wedding day
waiting and watching the picture taking
our family all dressed up!
How precious! This is a memory that I'll never forget!! It was so sweet to witness, but it also made me so sad! I actually cried because it hit me that in 25+ years (and it better be TWENTY-FIVE or MORE YEARS!!) they'll be making this same walk down the aisle, but she'll no longer be the flowergirl...

No comments: