Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Lance Armstrong Watch Out!!! Averi's got a new bicycle!!
Averi really has gotten to be such a big girl...kind of makes me sad. I love the fact that she's learning and experiencing new things, but it only makes me realize more that she's no longer a baby baby. Now don't get me wrong, she'll always be my baby girl even when she's 50! Anyways, this post is supposed to be about her new bike riding skills...so let me get back to that! For being such a good flowergirl & listening to her Lola's advice, Averi's Lola decided to get her a big girl bike with matching helmet & elbow/knee pads. I bet you can't guess what color it is or what's on it...well, it's pink with 4 of the Disney Princesses! On the day of Steven & Amanda's wedding, we were in the car telling her where we were going and it did not make her happy at all. She said "We already saw them! I don't wanna go back to the church!" Yes, that might have been true...we did see them & the church the night before at the rehearsal and she obviously thought that had concluded her flowergirl duties! We tried to reason with her and remind her that she would get to wear her "princess" dress and drop flowers, but that did not do the trick! So, I called my mother and told her what was going on and she asked to speak with her. I handed Averi the phone and all I know was that Averi was saying "Yes." and "I will. I promise." Next thing I know, she's giving the phone back to me & my mother says she'll do it and her Averi's whining stopped! Averi walked down the aisle with her Daddy by her side without any hesitation! I was so proud of her & when I called my mother afterwards she was even prouder! Hence, the new bicycle given to her on Sunday afternoon. Averi was SO EXCITED! She had just gotten pretty good at riding her little pink & purple radio flyer tricycle, but now we had another task to accomplish. And it didn't take her long, approximately 10 good minutes! Her daddy is such a good teacher! By the end of first afternoon on her new bike, she was turning and stopping like a pro! She's been riding most evenings and is even making our neighborhood circle without a rest break! She's so fast sometimes, that it's hard to keep up without jogging! We are so proud of our little girl! 
Daddy getting her suited up! 

Daddy helping her out 
letting go... 
Go Averi! Lance Armstrong better watch out for this speed racer!! 
Averi with her Lolo & Lola and Aunt Row & Dalton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment