Friday, December 12, 2008

The Show Must Go On!!


Averi was in her first school Christmas program Tuesday night and it was a sight to see!! A few weeks ago, her teacher had sent home the sheet music for us to practice, so we were good students and did our homework. We tried to practice every evening, learning the words to "Jingle Bells" and the motions for the hand play. She was doing so well with the hand play and knew some of the words to the song...I was a proud Mommy. But come program night, do you think she participated?!!? Of course not!! Well, she did sit on stage with her class, but that was it!! Nothing else...her mouth did not open once and her hands did not move!! I was so disappointed, but none of her classmates did much either so at least she wasn't the only scaredy cat. I would post some pictures from her performance, but I was sitting too far and it was too dark even with the flash. But here are some pictures that Allen took while we watched the older children do their parts.
Hagan & Averi after the show

No comments: