Ever since I was in college, my mother and I have always adopted a child from the Salvation Army's Angel Tree. Last year, I decided to adopt a child from the Crosspointe Fellowship Church's Angel Tree. It has been my privilege to adopt the same child for 2 years now. It's a great feeling knowing that I am able to help her & her family in some minor way. One of my coworkers is a very active & devoted member at this church in Nettleton, MS. This chuch visits with these families and knows exactly their wants and needs AND what's so great is that it's people from within their community. They also put on a Christmas program at their church for these families and feed everyone a delicious homecooked Christmas dinner. They really make it special for all the families. Allen, Averi, and I were able to attend the Angel Tree Party this year and it was such a fulfilling event. To see those childrens' eyes light up just to receive a simple present from their "Wish List" warms your heart! But it's even more awakening to see the parents' expressions and tears in their eyes b/c their child has just received something they normally would not have been able to have without the help of this program. It's a joyous and sad feeling you get at the same time...It really makes you realize how much we take things for granted.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Crosspointe Fellowship Angel Tree Party
Ever since I was in college, my mother and I have always adopted a child from the Salvation Army's Angel Tree. Last year, I decided to adopt a child from the Crosspointe Fellowship Church's Angel Tree. It has been my privilege to adopt the same child for 2 years now. It's a great feeling knowing that I am able to help her & her family in some minor way. One of my coworkers is a very active & devoted member at this church in Nettleton, MS. This chuch visits with these families and knows exactly their wants and needs AND what's so great is that it's people from within their community. They also put on a Christmas program at their church for these families and feed everyone a delicious homecooked Christmas dinner. They really make it special for all the families. Allen, Averi, and I were able to attend the Angel Tree Party this year and it was such a fulfilling event. To see those childrens' eyes light up just to receive a simple present from their "Wish List" warms your heart! But it's even more awakening to see the parents' expressions and tears in their eyes b/c their child has just received something they normally would not have been able to have without the help of this program. It's a joyous and sad feeling you get at the same time...It really makes you realize how much we take things for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment