Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!!

We started out the long holiday weekend by taking Averi to her second movie at the theater--Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Luckily, we had another pleasant experience! She LOVES going to the movies, I think she just really enjoys having popcorn and a Sprite! Today, we hosted a family cookout at our home. Allen grilled ribs, salmon, and hot dogs---all very delicious! He did a great job! I fixed corn on the cob and a strawberry cake. The rest of the family brought twice baked potatoes, mac-n-cheese, fried zucchini, and other desserts! We were STUFFED! The kids played in the kiddie pools and sprinklers and had a big time! At dusk, the kids played with giant sparklers...well, more like held them against their will!! Averi was the first to hold a lit sparkler and not once did she cry! She did get startled when it first started, but never let go. After it burned out, she said "I not afraid!" She did a great job for a 2.5 year old holding her very first firework! Ethan was terrified!! I've never seen my Godchild scared of anything, but he sure was scared of the sparkler! He didn't want anything to do with it! And I can't really blame him after watching his older sister, Rayli get burned! She held her's up in the air & when the sparks fell, a few landed on her arm! Poor Rayli...the burn marks were not bad, it just scared her more than anything! After that incident, the sparklers were put to rest and out came the Snap-Its! They were a huge hit for the children and adults! Overall, we had a great day! We enjoy our family and LOVE spending quality time with them!
Maggox (aka Maddox) chilling
Averi with her sparkler, showing us how it's done!
just before Rayli got burned...
Ray enjoyed the sparklers more than our children...what do you think?
sharing the last of the Snap-Its

No comments: