Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm A Big Kid Now....

Well, I can't believe it, but it's already time for my sweet baby girl to have her very own big girl bed. She had a 3-in-1 convertible crib and had been sleeping in it as a toddler bed since she was 15 months old. But it was time to take the next step. So, the 3 of us went to Woodland Furniture on Saturday to find the perfect bed for her. Yes, it was hot, but worth the trip. Averi picked out the cutest white, metal twin size bed. So the rest of the weekend, we spent putting her bed together and searching for new bedding. I hated to put away her crib bedding since it was just so darn adorable & not so babyish (or maybe b/c part of me just doesn't want to accept that she's no longer a baby...), that I decided to just buy pink polka dot sheets & a white down comforter and still use her monogrammed quilt & shams from her crib bedding. After all, the shams are queen & boudoir size! It has turned out super cute and is still very much like a little girl. I love it and most importantly Averi does too!

1 comment:

Jessi Prestage said...

LOVE the big girl bed! You picked a cute one! I know A thinks she is so grown up now. Don't worry, you know I am right there, crying with you. :)