Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Averi got a hairdo!!


My mother & I both had hair appointments Monday afternoon and took Averi with us. She's never had her hair cut or trimmed since birth, much less let someone other than me, her daddy, or family fix her hair. But lately I've been contemplating the idea of getting it trimmed...just enough to get the baby hair off & to see if it'll help thicken it up any (or so I've been told that cutting will help thicken it). No, I still didn't get her haircut, but Ms. Pam thought it'd be best just to let her "play" with her hair first to get her used to the idea of sitting the chair, being still, wearing the cape, etc....and for the first time I didn't have my camera with me! BUT...I did my my crappy phone camera to use so here is what I got.
She was a little unsure at first, but once Ms. Pam got started, she warmed up to the chair.

I think she's liking what she sees!!!

and what she liked best...the candy! Averi even got hairsprayed for the first time AND even got her lips painted with pink lip gloss! Such fun, such fun!! Little girls are so sweet!! Thanks Ms. Pam! I'm sure we'll see you soon...

Oh yeah---Averi says "I got haircut too!" haha!! Precious. That night she wouldn't let me wash her hair and she wanted to sleep in her new "haircut". Then, she still didn't let me take her braids out until last night for her bath...and I had to bribe her with cotton candy to do that! I guess I'm just going to have to start braiding her hair sometimes!

2 comments:

Diane said...

She is just a doll anytime. Thanks for dropping by and letting us see her.

Jessi Prestage said...

I miss Averi! She looks so freaking cute with those braids! Bryce is going to want to chase her and pull her hair!!!